Thursday, March 22, 2018

Flower Cards

Here are some cards I made recently.

Stampers Anonymous: Tim Holtz Flower GardenCMS215
Hero Arts: DC184 Ribbon Messages Stamp & Cut
(all cards shown use that die and one of the stamps from this set),
C2773 Scatter Joy
Stampin' UP!: Letters from friends, Seaside Sketches
Inks: Distress seedless preserves, peeled paint, antique linen
Spellbinders Grid SES-003 embossing folder
Wooden butterfly charm from my stash

The trees and birds layer is from my stash.
Think the trees are SU's Serene Silhouette
and the birds are from a Tim Holtz set.
Spellbinders Flowers and Leaves SES-008 embossing folder
Versafine Black Onyx ink
Twine from my stash

Used Stampin' UP's watercolor pencils (gift from my neighbor who was getting rid of them)
to "color" the Rubber Stampede Solidago Sprig 2875F. At first I added a drop of water to my craft sheet and dipped the pencil in it then colored onto the rubber, then stamped. There was a lot of color on the stamp, so I spritzed it with water. I'm thinking that spraying a fine mist onto the rubber first, then coloring in might be a better method. I was very fun playing with the watercolor pencils.
I used a piece of mulberry paper over my white oval spellbinders Labels 10 shape. Used Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls Embossing Folder  on background layer.
Stampin' UP! Lavender Lace ink
Fibers from my stash

This image and the next are of the same card.
 I cut a scalloped oval from the front.
Then cut an oval (Spellbinders Labels 10) from white cardstock.
Dry embossed that with Cuttlebug's Script.
 I adhered that to the inside.
and added a fussy cut,  watercolor pencil colored flower on top.
Fibers from my stash.
Another view, with a peek to the inside of this card.

Thanks so much for visiting!

1 comment:

Diane Bouse said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty.